I just looked out the window and noticed that it was raining...not a surprise for this time of the year, but it reminded me of what we were doing at this time last Sunday...we were all sitting outside carving pumpkins! It was so BEAUTIFUL--79 degrees--I just wanted to freeze these moments in time. Then, after we were done, we cut up a watermelon that our neighbor had brought only hours before. Are we sure this was really October? I want to rewind to last week!!! The giant pumpkin was also given to us by our neighbors, Joe and Shirley. They are always so generous and provide us with our best pumpkins. That one was carved with the Batman symbol. The others were the boys own designs. Too fun.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Carving the Pumpkins...
I just looked out the window and noticed that it was raining...not a surprise for this time of the year, but it reminded me of what we were doing at this time last Sunday...we were all sitting outside carving pumpkins! It was so BEAUTIFUL--79 degrees--I just wanted to freeze these moments in time. Then, after we were done, we cut up a watermelon that our neighbor had brought only hours before. Are we sure this was really October? I want to rewind to last week!!! The giant pumpkin was also given to us by our neighbors, Joe and Shirley. They are always so generous and provide us with our best pumpkins. That one was carved with the Batman symbol. The others were the boys own designs. Too fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so proud of you for carving pumpkins. I got foam stick on faces for HB & S and lucky for me E & H were invited to a pumpkin carving party at their friend's house so I didn't have to deal with the mess, and they still got to have the fun of carving. Great photos of the kids. I miss you guys!
I can't believe they were carving pumpkins in shorts and t shirts. i miss Grants Pass weather. How nice!
Post a Comment