Monday, August 10, 2009

Blessing Grace

Jed's Mom was able to come visit us for a long weekend and just left this morning (boo-hoo!). We decided to take advantage of this time with family in town and we blessed Gracie in church yesterday. It was a beautiful day and Jed gave her a lovely blessing of health, understanding, and a desire to do good, make wise choices and to stand in holy places. Of course that is a very brief summary. The kids were all excited that it was her turn for a blessing and loved having Grandma tell them all about their own special blessing days. After church we enjoyed the afternoon and evening as a family: eating good food, playing legos, sitting outside chatting and of course taking more pictures of our girl.
My Great-Aunt Kathleen was able to attend also, so both Jed and I had family at the blessing. Of course we missed having the rest of our family, but we definitely felt loved and celebrated.

4 comments:

Auntie Amy said...

Such a good baby for her pictures! She looks lovely, and I don't see her fussing in any of them. Amazing. Wish we could have been there of course to see little Gracie and hear the blessing. I'm sure it was beautiful.

Shelby said...

Such a sweet baby and she is getting so big so quickly! We hope you are enjoying your time in CA. Miss you!!

Clarke and Kamie said...

she looks beautiful!

Erica Johnston said...

Erica0 I'm so glad I caught up on your blog! Grace is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congrats!