Friday, February 4, 2011

Jed's Birthday Part 1

As we are getting older (our kids included), life seems to be speeding up. Seriously. Jed's birthday this year fell on a Thursday. He seemed to have a good day at work, lunch with the staff, etc. Let's face it though, celebrating with the kids is really half of the fun. Okay, so I guess I am speaking for myself, but I think Jed would agree. :) They were SO excited for Daddy's birthday. They spent days wrapping gifts (like their toys and drawing they had done for him--priceless treasures), decorating the house and helping me plan his breakfast and dinner. They were so excited about his cake (Not as excited as us, however. This cake is made at a local bakery and it is nothing short of a little piece of heaven...and I am NOT just being dramatic. It is to die for! Jed didn't eat any treats for days and days to save up for this cake and I would agree it is worth the calories!)--YUM! Jed requested no presents, but wanted to take the family for a quick get-away to the coast, something we always talk about and never do...so without further ado, Happy birthday Jed...please pass the cake!




No comments: