Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hives by Chocolate

Several month ago now I started having terrible problems with my complexion. My skin was just bumpy and itchy and it was driving me crazy. So, I changed my moisturizer and face cleanser. Then it seemed to spread to my neck....annoying. I changed my makeup and makeup brushes. Then I noticed red spots on my arms. I changed my laundry detergent and fabric softener. Once the itchiness spread to my back and ankles I knew I had to do something drastic. I reviewed the allergy testing results that I had in my file from a trip to the allergist after a strange/strong reaction to something I ate while I was pregnant with Davis. Then it hit me....brace yourselves....the testing had come back that I was mildly allergic, to Coffee, soy and CHOCOLATE! We had had a good laugh about this at the time and I think I probably said something like, "Whatever happens to me when I eat chocolate, it is worth it!" Because I was going mental with all of the itching I decided to cut chocolate out of my diet just to see if there was an improvement. To my horror, the itching bumps have gone away! Sigh. Must I really live a chocolate free life from here on out? I have tried to eat a little chocolate as an experiment from time to time. Unfortunately, it is definitely the culprit. I still am holding out hope that maybe I am just allergic to milk chocolate or dark chocolate, but not both. Seriously, you may think this is trivial, but I LOVE CHOCOLATE...this is definitely a trial for me. Oh, that I weren't an addict...There is just no good substitute for a brownie with mint chocolate chip ice cream...I will miss you chocolate....boo, hoo, hoo...

3 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I'm so sorry. That sounds like the worse thing that could ever happen. I think we have similar feelings about chocolate and the mint. I don't know how I could deal with this. This truly is terrible.

Nebraska Nelsons said...

I thought I had it bad because my nursing baby was reacting when I eat chocolate! I won't complain again! We will have to find lots of other fun treats to have instead! Marielle

guthriejen said...

I am horrified for you!!! That would be the worst thing to ever happen to me! ;)