Sunday, May 13, 2012

Twelve

Today Jed and I are celebrating our 12th anniversary.  Really?  A dozen years already?  That means we have been together over 14 years.  Amazing how time really does fly.  Each year I grow to appreciate, understand and love him more.

Last month Jed ran a 10 mile race with his friend, Jason.  He only trained 5 or 6 weeks for the race and when I saw him cross the finish line at what I thought was an INCREDIBLE time, I had tears fill my eyes.  Really, it was so invigorating.  One thing that I admire about Jed is that he sets a goal and you know it is going to get accomplished.  He is very determined once his mind is focused on something (I will admit, sometimes I change the above sentence to say, "UGH! You can be so stubborn sometimes!"---just keepin' in real y'all).
Another thing I love about Jed is that he is humble/frugal enough to wear Owen's Spy Gear Watch to clock his time for the race...ah, a man after my own heart! 



No comments: