As most of you know our family has had a problem with getting a good night's sleep in the past. To protect the innocent, I am not going to name any names here, but I will say that it is not Davis or Kate who has sleeping issues. :) We had tried lots of different methods to eliminate
night terrors and had finally gotten those under control, for the most part, but we still weren't getting a good solid night's sleep....ever. Until that is, Jed came up with a plan that can be called nothing less than BRILLIANT! We gave the boys two painter's sticks each to sleep with. Each stick represents one TV show, part of a movie or time on the computer. That means at the most they are watching no more than an hour a day, which is plenty of motivation for them and is still acceptable to us. Anyway, I am getting ahead of myself....if they come out of their room or wake us up (unless it is an emergency of course), then they lose a stick. Can I tell you that this has worked like a charm! I cringe each time we have had to take a stick away, but those nights have become fewer and fewer. YIPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One more thing…I can't tell you about the sticks without adding that
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
"I sleep in my big boy all night!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
he is too cute! He is quite the little charmer!
That is brilliant! I may need to try that with Hannah. Lately we, or really just I, wake up to Hannah splayed next to me, not even realizing that she came in. Maybe the bunk bed we're getting on Friday will convince her to stay in her own Big girl bed.
Right on you guys! Jed how come you couldn't think of something like that to keep Andy in his room at any reasonable hour while we were in school?
Makes me wonder how I can tweek this for my kids...
Enjoy the zzz's.
Ezra
oh that pic is too cute! I'm happy that you're getting better sleep!!! My doctor jokes that you'll never get a full night of sleep until your child is 18 and out of the house at college:)
What a good idea! Those sleepless nights are a killer. Sounds like it's working. And he sounds like a smarty pants. :)
Post a Comment