Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's Blossom Time Again!





When I was a little girl we looked forward to the Almond Blossom Festival. For us it meant that we would be able to be involved in the parade, with our family's almond business, and that summer was just around the corner. Maybe it is for this same reason that every spring (since we have lived in this house that is) I make my kids pose for me in the blossoms around our house. I'll admit that I even had the thought, when I found out that I was expecting Kate, "Yea! It will be so fun to take pictures of a little girl in the pink blossoms!" Of course, as fate would have it, she did not want ANY part of my pink blossom photo shoot. Don't worry Kate, there is always next year!

4 comments:

Clarke and Kamie said...

oh those blossoms are so pretty! yeah, next year you can get some cute ones of kate--maybe she'll cooperate:)

Paul & Pam Ledesma Family said...

Erica, your pictures are great! So, do you have a picture studio in your home. The picture of Kate with a few pink blossoms looks professional! Owen and Davis are getting so big! I'm glad you made it to California and back without too much problem. It looks like they had a ball.
Pam

Unknown said...

Beautiful blossoms. I just love the color of pink scattered about everywhere. "Pink is my signature color" Cute kiddos.

Shelby said...

Erica! I like the photos with the blossoms. A fun tradition from year to year. I might have to come over and "borrow" your trees . . . maybe I can get Kate to look at the camera while you snap a photo, or vice versa. Spring is here (even if it's suppose to snow again)