There have been a few things on my mind lately that I want to capture for each of my kids. We'll start with Davis because he has been cracking us up lately.
First off, please note the shirt that he is wearing in this picture. That's right the one that says "Awesome" on it with an arrow pointing up. This shirt belonged to our buddy Eli before it came our way and is now Davis' all-time favorite thing to wear. In fact he has probably worn it 15 out of the last 19 days! The second day he wore it he woke up and said, "Mom, where's that shirt that says I'm cool?" I have trained him to put the shirt on the washer at the end of each day and some days I wash it after he goes to bed. The few times that I have missed we have had HUGE crocodile tears the next day. Somebody please tell me that he will get sick of this shirt?!?
When Davis says "Buzz Lightyear" and he does refer to Buzz several times a day, it always sounds like he is saying "Budweiser". "Mom, have you seen my Budweiser gun?"..."I am going to wear my Budweiser underwear today"..."Where is my Budweiser?" He has been doing this for months and it still throws me off!
One day I was on a cleaning rampage (yep, this is me in my second trimester of pregnancy...my poor family) and I was targeting my boys' room...again. I got fed up with the mess and told them that anything they didn't clean up was going to go into the time out box. This is a situation that the boys have found themselves in plenty of times to know that I was serious, but for some reason they still weren't motivated to shovel their way out of the mess. When the time was up I grabbed the box and quietly went to work taking the toys from the floor and adding them to my "time-out" collection. Upon realizing what I was doing Davis started begging me to stop....pleading...and finally, pulling out all the stops he yelled, "MOM! You are going to be on Santa's BAD LIST!"
When Grandma Nila was here last month Davis fell backwards off one of the bar stools in our kitchen. We all kind of frooze in our places, waiting for the wailing to begin, but hoping not to add to it by gasping or doing any of those natural parent reactions. Before we could even ask, "Are you alright?" we heard this happy voice announce, "THAT WAS TOTALLY ACTION!" What a funny, happy boy!
Davis continues to make up jokes (as does Owen). Owen used to tell a joke that he learned from a Popsicle stick, "What animal do you never want to play cards with?" Answer: a Cheetah! Well, now Davis thinks any joke with a cheetah in it is hilarious. "Why did the Cheetah eat the car?...Because he wanted to turn into a car!" "Why did the cheetah go to school?...Because he wanted to see his friend!" HA, HA, HA!
5 comments:
What a great 3 year old you have! When are we going to see you next? Doing anything the 3rd week of February? Let's talk...we need to see which one of us is bigger --bet it's me!
Not that I don't want to meet the whole gang of yours, but Davis is my kind of guy.
So cute! I love little Davis! Last week I was rummaging through the racks at Kohls looking for any shirts with a snail on it. Sabrina still loves her snail shirt that is two sizes to small and I need a replacement!
Hannah and her friend today were telling each other jokes: "knock knock" "Who's there?" "pink blanket!" (or any other object in view) he he he, giggle, giggle...
What a cute kid! He is looking so old!! I just can't stand it!!
Pam
What are we doing the third week of February? Gosh I'd like to give that AWESOME guy a big hug!
Post a Comment