
So here you have it...the results of our ultrasound!
My sweet friend, Beth, made these darling cookies for us while watching Davis and Kate and surprised us when we got back from the ultrasound...Thank you Beth!




If you know me well you can imagine that the hours before my ultrasound appointment were totally unproductive. I spent most of the morning with a nervous stomach. I always get this way before my ultrasound appointments. Really by this time I could care less what the gender is, I just want to be reassured that everything with the baby looks fine. Jed and I decided the night before that we wanted to include Owen in this appointment and I am so glad that we did. When we asked him if he wanted to go to the doctor with us to see the baby he got all excited. Then said, "I hope she is exercising in there." He was just sure this baby was a girl (although he did refer to her as "he" several times). Both Owen and Davis were betting "girl". Actually I would say 95% of our friends and family were voting for a girl. I think everyone just really wanted our little Kate to have a sister and I'll admit I did too...I love my sister! I was betting "boy" and I mentioned to Jed in the waiting room (the ultrasound tech was running almost an hour behind!) a name that I had thought of for a boy, but he quickly vetoed it. So then I say, "Okay, if this baby is a boy, I get to name him and if it's a girl, you can name her." "Sounds good, " he said, confident in his "girl" guess (the reality is, neither of us could ever name a child without the other. We have a hard enough time coming up with a name together!). Anyway, when the tech asked, "Now who is it who is guessing 'girl'?" Owen went crazy, "We were right and you were wrong Mom!" Then as we were leaving the office he told me, "I am not sure what I am going to name the baby. I am thinking something like 'Girlie'." This from the boy who named Davis "Car-Car" and Kate "Flower". This was the day before yesterday and according to him, her name is still going to be "Girlie". So funny. Anyway, above you will find some of the pictures that kept Jed, Owen and myself mesmerized during the office visit. We think she is an amazing girl already. Brace yourself for your crazy family little "Girlie". We love you already!
9 comments:
Congratulations on your girlie. How exciting. Is Jed really going to name her???
CONGRATS!!!!!! We are so happy for your news!!!
oh yeah! congrats! I am with you on being nervous at the ultrasound--they are not even fun until they reassure you that all is well. I am so happy that Kate gets a little sister! You guys are pretty lucky.
Yea! another girlie. Congratulations! I didn't see your poll until it closed, but I would have guess girl, too.
So fun that Kate will have a little playmate. Congrats. I want some belly pics.
Girlie...I love it!! I don't think anyone else on the planet will have that name:)
I love my sister too! This is exciting news. I have a friend whos daughter was calling their baby Millie the whole pregnancy and they decided to name her Emilie and call her Millie... Maybe you could name her Shirley, that's kinda close :)
Those are great pictures of baby girl #2 -- I think she has your eyes. I'm excited for you. Can't wait for Girlie and Buster to meet.
How fun to see the photos from the ultrasound! We are so excited to meet baby #4 and Kate's little sis. She is already a beauty! Love the cute cookies Beth made, too! congratulations.
Post a Comment