Sunday, March 22, 2009

Uchtdorf and Tetanus

I am not sure if I have told this story before or not, but I mentioned it in a talk that I gave today in church and it still makes me laugh. Davis got a Bounce Back Racer (love it!) for his birthday last fall. One night Jed came in our room, after the kids were in “bed” and he was laughing out loud. Then he said, “Do you know what the boys have named that car?” We went to the door and listened as Owen was yelling, “Come on Uchtdorf!” Dieter F. Uchtdorf (from Germany) is one of our church leaders and they thought it was also a great name for a race car…too funny.

The week before last I cut my finger on the caddy in our shower…not a big deal really, but after telling my friends about it and calling my doctor, I had to get a tetanus shot…something about how tetanus in a pregnant mom can lead to her unborn baby’s demise kind of caught my attention. I have to tell you I have never seen my kids more helpful or excited to go to the doctor as when I told them that we had to head out so that Mommy could get a shot. “I am going to help you be SO brave”, Davis exclaimed. I think they enjoyed having the tables turned a bit too much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so smart! I don't know many kids that would remember that big last name to use it again.

Glad to hear you're up to date with your tetanus. I got one last year because I couldn't remember how long it had been when my dr asked.

nana said...

It's nice to have an occasion to help you remember the date of a tetanus shot. I couldn't remember when my last one was so when I cut off my finger tip I got another. I'll never forget that! I think you should send that Uchtdorf story into the Ensign or Meridian!