Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wicked

Earlier this month Jed and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary. We were commenting on how our perspective has changed with each year of marriage. For example when we first got married several of our friends in dental school had been married like 3 years...we thought they were old pros. Life is funny. I know that someday we will look back on ourselves at the stage we are at now and laugh at something that we are thinking or doing. Anyway....

For Christmas Jed gave me tickets to see the Broadway musical, "Wicked"! I was SO excited as I had heard all good things about this production. Since the show was coming to a "near by" city in April we decided to stay overnight near the venue and call it our early anniversary celebration as well. Needless to say....I LOVED IT!!!! I found the dialog clever and humorous and the music completely engaging. I would definitely recommend it. Our special thanks to Beth and Shae for taking care of our kids for the majority of the weekend...they had a great time and I really don't think they missed us for a second. I like to think that this is not a reflection of their love for us, but rather that they are well adjusted kids who also love the Johnsons!

(Of course we took the above picture ourselves, so I look a little distorted and my hair looks strange...we really gotta work on getting someone else to take our pictures...Jed on the other hand looks as handsome as ever!)

1 comment:

Jamie Harker said...

Congratulations on such a big anniversary! I've seen Wicked twice and LOVE IT!!! You look gorgeous as always in this picture!