Sunday, August 28, 2011

Joseph and the Amazing...Production

Last weekend we went to see a local production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I remembered the music from my college days because my roommate loved show (and most other musicals--miss you Kelli!), but I myself had never seen the show. I think I can speak for our whole family when I say that we LOVED it! The Johnsons came along with us and were equally as impressed. Owen's teacher, Mrs. Smith, had told us months ago about the production. Her daughter was one of the narrators and is Kate's new idol. Seriously. Kate was dancing in and out of her seat. I hope to always remember how she looked...focused expression on her face, watching and imitating every move that Gabi made. She could have cared less that there were people sitting all around her. As an added bonus our friend Blake was also in the show. So fun to see him in action as well.
Fun friends...thanks for joining us Beth and Shae!
We borrowed the soundtrack from Beth and Shae and the kids have been listening to it ever since. Kate and Gracie (who wasn't even there mind you) dress up and dance around the family room while Kate sings at the top of her lungs. Even I wake up in the night with, "Jacob, Jacob and sons..." running through my head over and over again.

Below Davis is demonstrating his signature dance move.
And now for an added treat Kate will show you a little something that she learned from this life-changing experience. I took this video after we got home from the show.

No comments: