Thursday, February 16, 2012
I Made My Hair!
This school year has been a tricky one for me. It has been hard to balance my time and attention between four kids, a spouse, our home, two schools where I like to be involved, our business, church responsibilities, etc. I was talking to a good friend of mine about some of the anxiety that I was experiencing and she suggested that one area that I could simplify my life would be to let Kate have more control over getting herself ready...Heaven knows she loves to "make" her own hair and put together her own outfits. She told me that she doesn't care as much about how her girls (she has 3 of them) look as she does about how they behave. She said that they feel confident when they make their own choices and she doesn't feel the need to make them appear perfect. So, I have been taking her advice and it really has been liberating. Kate does feel more confident when she has done things for herself. I will admit that I still do her hair on most days, but I don't fight her on the days that she wants to do it herself. After all, she does a good job, don't you think? Thank you Jen for helping me let go of the things that really don't matter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment