Sunday, June 24, 2012

My birthday, Father's Day and our Staycation....

It is not uncommon for my birthday to fall on or around Father's Day.  As a child this wasn't too big of a deal because my Dad always made a bigger day about my day than his....my husband is much the same.  This year for my birthday I just wanted our family to have some uninterrupted time together.  I love when I have time with my family without all the stresses of normal daily life.  Well, I also REALLY wanted a new camera...a nice one that takes the kind of pictures that make life look even more beautiful...you know what I am talking about, right?  So, we decided we could justify the camera easier if we took a STAYCATION with the family for the weekend of my  birthday and Father's Day, rather than going away.  It was awesme.  We went out to breakfast, did a puzzle, went shooting, went to a local water slide, ate pizza, made necklaces and just enjoyed being together.  The beauty of it all was that we had no interruptions because everyone (who we do love) thought we were away.  Absolutely doing this again in the future!
As as side note...I was totally spoiled the weekend before by girlfriends who kidnapped me for an overnight adventure.  I have NEVER been so surprised in my life.  Also, Owen and Gracie did get sick on our staycation with fevers, but that just gave us all the more reason to lay low.

No comments: