Thursday, September 20, 2012

First days of School!

The boys had their first day of school the day after Labor Day.
 3rd Grade!
 1st Grade!
 Oh, how we love these boys...

 We are OVER THE MOON that Davis has Mrs. Smith and Owen has Mrs. Kantola this year.
 Then the next week it was Kate's turn...KINDERGARTEN!
 This is the happy, excited, anxious girl that we saw at home...
 Just before these pictures she told me that she was really scared...her eyes filled with tears and so did mine.  Before she could see, I said, "It's going to be so fun...come on...let's go take some pictures!"

I was truthfully sweating it with Kate, but once she saw Mr. Courtney, she didn't say anything else to me.  She nodded when I asked if she was ready for me to leave, so the boys and I slipped out of her class.  So grateful that she knows and loves Mr. Courtney.  She had gone everyday the week before to his classroom to say "hi" to him and was actually at the point where she was jabbering away with him by that first day.  I am pretty sure she doesn't say much in class even several days into school because when she comes home she won't stop TALKING/shouting/cheering/singing.  What was her response to, "How was your first day of school?" ?????  "LONG!"...boy was she tired!

No comments: