Thursday, February 28, 2008

Was Jacob a bad guy?

Two days ago we were driving home from running errands and we had a CD of children's music, that was given to us at church, playing in the van. We were listening to a song about prophets and one of the verses said, "Abraham the prophet prayed to have a son, So the Lord sent Isaac as the chosen one. Isaac begat Jacob, known as Israel; Jacob's sons were twelve tribes, so the Bible tells." After hearing that verse Owen asked, "Mom, was Jacob a bad guy?" I said, "No, he was a good guy. Why do you ask?" He said, "Well then why did Isaac beat up Jacob?" I thought that was so FUNNY!!!! I wondered how many times he had wondered what Jacob had done to get beat up!

5 comments:

Clarke and Kamie said...

love it. so classic. kids are the best little comedians!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it. They can come up with the most interesting interpretations. That's like when Hunter said when you turn 8 you become "a cannibal" (accountable). I love that story...

Beth and Shae said...

You really need to write a book with all of the funny things your kids say! I would totally buy it.

Stephanie said...

That's too funny. These are the things you don't want to forget!

Bethany C. said...

I'll bet you laughed all the way home! So innocent. I wonder what the world really looks like through their eyes...misunderstood lyrics and all. :)