A week ago today was Owen's sixth birthday! In some ways I can't believe he is already six. It seems like time is going too quickly...he is growing and changing too fast. Then I think he darn well better be at least six because I have FOUR KIDS. I mean really, let's not make me any crazier than I am. :) So above you will see the birthday banner that I think I started for Jed's birthday last February and I finished at 1:45 a.m. (with Kate by my side--she woke up and couldn't go back to sleep--sigh!) on Owen's birthday. I just couldn't let another birthday go by without having it done. Carmen and Shelby...are you proud of me?Of course Owen woke up at 6:30 a.m. SUPER PUMPED that they day he had waited for all year, had FINALLY arrived.

After breakfast and a bit of playing around the house we headed off to an open house at the school. Owen got to meet his teacher again, find his cubby, etc. Above you see my sweet boy by the sign that made my eyes water. I really did not think that it would affect me to send him off to kindergarten. We did the whole preschool thing so I thought that I was in the clear. Somehow this was different. I feel like this is the beginning of a new chapter and I hope we are ready for it!

After the Open House Miss Beth brought us Sonic for lunch and then decorated Owen's LEGO cakes for me. Once again Beth saves the day with her cake decorating talents. :) Owen wanted to have a LEGO party and this was the first time that I limited the party to a few friends his own age. He had a GREAT time. My camera died in the middle of the party, so I will have to get the rest of the pictures from Beth's camera.
I am lucky to have a husband who can be at the birthday parties and things and that night we camped out in the backyard (Owen's request of course...man this is one lucky kid) and the party kept going and going....
I have to say that the next night when I climbed into my own bed I was one HAPPY gal. There is nothing like being in your own bed. Happy Birthday Owen!
1 comment:
HELLO...beautiful banner!!
Post a Comment