Sunday, November 7, 2010

The past few weeks...

It seems I have missed posting for a few weeks now. We have been busy here with all of the typical Fall things...soccer, school, pumpkin patches, a weekend get-a-way, Halloween parties, music class, ballet, jog-a-thon....Wow. It has been crazy. I have been hunkering down a bit myself and trying to simplify our routines and schedules. I have been reading a book called The Time Starved Family which has been semi-life changing for me. Okay, maybe that is a bit dramatic, but it has definitely struck a chord with me and has forced me to reevaluate what I want for my young family. The nice thing is that Jed has also read it (gotta love a man who will read parenting books!), so we are able to discuss it and set goals for our family together.

Other than all of that I have been semi-obsessed with following the up and down status of our family friend Megan Boyack Smith's health. She gave birth to her first child (a beautiful baby girl) about four months ago and discovered while in labor that she has a very aggressive form of Leukemia (there was no sign of it in blood tests two weeks prior). She has seen many miracles come her way, but now her lungs are deteriorating and she really needs a miracle to save her life. I have felt a powerful reassurance in my own personal prayers that the Lord is mindful of her and our desires for her life to be spared. So we continue to pray and wait to see what God's will is. If you are interested in learning more you can follow her story at prayersformegan.com and say a prayer for her yourself.

Okay, so I promise Fall pictures and stories are coming soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about your friend. That's a terrible thing to deal with, especially when you have a tiny one to take care of. I just wanted to tell you, I think your kids are adorable. I don't know if you changed the pictures to the side, or if I just noticed them, but they are so cute!