Before the big Turkey Bowl Football game Jed made his traditional chocolate marbled pies...Yum! We joined our friends the Oldroyds and the Johnsons for dinner and I think we had something like 7 pies there. It was insane. Lucky for me we had lots of leftovers and I am still eating chocolate pie every night. Jed's mom, Nila, and I had a good laugh when he said, "Thanksgiving is the one time of the year that I wish you had a Kitchenaid!" (I have a hand-me-down Bosch that works just fine) and I replied back, "That's because it is the only day of the year that you cook!" Okay, so he does bbq, heat things up, make toast, that type of thing throughout the year, but we still thought it was hilarious...he was a good sport and laughed too. I appreciate that he can laugh at himself. :)
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Pie Man
Before the big Turkey Bowl Football game Jed made his traditional chocolate marbled pies...Yum! We joined our friends the Oldroyds and the Johnsons for dinner and I think we had something like 7 pies there. It was insane. Lucky for me we had lots of leftovers and I am still eating chocolate pie every night. Jed's mom, Nila, and I had a good laugh when he said, "Thanksgiving is the one time of the year that I wish you had a Kitchenaid!" (I have a hand-me-down Bosch that works just fine) and I replied back, "That's because it is the only day of the year that you cook!" Okay, so he does bbq, heat things up, make toast, that type of thing throughout the year, but we still thought it was hilarious...he was a good sport and laughed too. I appreciate that he can laugh at himself. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I heard that pie was one of the favorites! I want to try it. Go get that kitchenaid, Jed, and make your friends some more. Just a thought . . .
Mmmmm.... wishing that pie was still in our fridge but I at it all. Okay maybe I shared a piece with Shae.
Post a Comment