
About a week ago we told the kids about our plans for an upcoming trip to visit my sister (and her family) and to go to Legoland! We have heard that our boys are at the prime age for the park. We typically do not tell our kids too far in advance about such plans as we will surely hear EVERY DAY about how long it is until we leave. Sure enough it began that night. We told them that we were giving them some warning because we wanted them to have plenty of time to earn some spending money for the park. The boys immediately went to work making business plans. Within a day they had a labeled box for Jed's office for cans and plastic bottles to be in turned in for their deposits. They had plans to build wood tables, but when that proved to be more complicated than they thought they settled for peanut butter cup brownies. Owen emailed a few friends and within 12 hours he had sold 8 dozen.

Friday morning we bought the ingredients (Owen didn't have school and I wanted him with me so that he could see how much everything cost) and then we went to work in the afternoon. As you can see from their faces, everyone had to taste a bit of the batter! By Saturday at noon all 8 dozen brownies were baked and delivered.


Jed was with the youth from church on a hike, so I took the kids alone (NEVER will I do this again) to turn in the cans and bottles. We were grateful for several bags full of cans and bottles from two different friends (thank you Marci and Shelby!), but it took us well over an hour, in a nasty environment if I do say so myself--although I think I am more sensitive to this having Gracie with me, who hasn't quite learned what we do and do NOT touch and what we do and DO NOT put in our mouths....ahhhhhhh....) to put them all into the machine. In the end the kids got $13 from this alone...they were over the moon thrilled. Even after paying tithing and paying me back for the ingredients (I'll admit I didn't make them pay for all of it...I am a softy, I know) they each will have a nice little wad of cash for a souvenir...well, it will at least buy them a Lego guy or two, right?
2 comments:
I'll take another batch! Those were SOOO good. I need to know if there is a trick or special recipe involved.
Great job, Team Ledesma! I hope your trip is awesome!
Yum! Where are mine?
Post a Comment