Sunday, July 1, 2012

Girls/Boys Night Out

 One benefit about having two of each gender is that it is so easy and fun to do Girl's and Boy's Nights out.  In June Jed took the two boys and a young man from our church to a Father and Sons camp out. They had a great time getting dirty, building fires, fishing, etc.  In the meantime the girls and I went to a "fancy" dinner at Elmers.  I wanted to take the girls somewhere where they could get waffles with whipped cream for dinner (although Gracie did choose to have a hamburger--she is a savory girl any day).  While I was helping the boys get out of the house the girls dressed up.  I loved listening to them talk and giggle.  Afterward we went and did a little bit of shopping, played duck duck goose and snuggled up with a few library books.  It was the perfect evening for everyone involved.   

No comments: