Last week the kids and I went to watch Jed play soccer. I still love watching him play. As my friend Heidi states, "Your husband has some mad skills". It's true. He is fun to watch. By the end of this particular game I was getting fed up with the whining of the opposing team. Seriously, they whined about any call that did not go their way. I spend every day with a 3, 5, 6 and 8 year old. I have no tolerance for whining from them and more especially from adult men and women. In the last two minutes of the game Jed was going for the ball and another player full on pushed him (yes, thank you, finally he gets that much deserved yellow card). He falls to the ground holding his knee in pain and I yell, "What the heck!" My face is flushed and I am mad...really mad. The mama bear has arrived at the field. I didn't do or say any more than that, but I have to laugh that the same protective instincts kick in when I feel someone is doing something wrong by my 38 year old husband as with my 3 year old daughter. The real irony here is that when he is gone (which he was last weekend) I feel so vulnerable and unprotected myself. Seriously, I hardly sleep. What can I say, I have both mother and wife instincts!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment