Thursday, January 17, 2008

Watch Out World, Here Comes Kate!


Well, it looks like it is official. Kate was "crawling" all over the family room two nights ago. Mostly she was trying to get her hands on a little fire truck that Papa bought for Owen. Really I don't know that we can call what she does "crawling" it is more of a sideways army crawl type move. I am just amazed that she is already mobile. It was just a few days before Christmas that she really started sitting up and playing with toys on her own. You would think that after two other babies I would be able to remember when they start doing things, but I am constantly having to look things up and often catch myself being caught off guard. Anyway, we were hoping that she wouldn't be mobile until we were done using our wood burning stove for the year, but she had other plans. I guess that is what we are trying to do, raise an independent and determined little lady, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it wouldn't be long with all the wiggling and rolling over at Christmas. Now you'll have to start closing doors and building barricades

Heather said...

What a little cutie girl! Kate is really on her way! My little Finn is still taking his time crawling. I think it has something to do with the fact that his big sister will carry him ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE she goes, whether he wants to go or not.

melodyb9 said...

So gorgeous! Isn't it amazing that no matter how many times you've done it, they always seem to surprise you with something you're not expecting. I am so happy for your little addition. She looks beautiful just like her Momma and she is so lucky to have those little boys (and Jed too I suspect) wrapped around that tiny finger!