So, I just have a few things to note from this week...
1. This week Kate has started standing on her own. She had done it a little bit here and there, but now she is a very competent stander (is that even a word?). It was fun to watch her stand up, not realizing what she was doing. All of the clapping tipped her off that her new trick was pretty cool, however, so now she does it all of the time.
2. Kate has been taking steps. She is definitely not one of these babies who just decides to walk across the room, but she does take a step here or two steps there. Very exciting and terrifying all at the same time. Oh, the things she will be able to do and destroy now.
3. Kate's (What can I say? It's been a big week for Kate) top two teeth have FINALLY poked through. Hallelujah! She has been such a bear lately and we are really hoping that a much sweeter girl will immerge once all of this teething is over.
4. On Tuesday, Owen worked on and off ALL DAY so that he could have enough money to go to Burger King, where he heard that the kids meals had Iron Man toys. We have a rule that we only get kid's meals on trips, so that they will remain a big treat. I told him that if he earned the money he could buy one for himself and that was all he needed to hear.
5. We are experimenting with letting Davis skip his daily nap. It seems when he naps then he is up for hours playing in his room at night. So far he still falls asleep every afternoon...on the floor, in a chair, in the car...I think he still needs the nap, maybe we will just try making them a little shorter.
6. Jed and I are now both boycotting Wal Mart for the next month. We don't live in a huge town, so it is unrealistic to say that we are never going back, but after standing in line with my 3 kids for 40 minutes I vowed not to go for at least a month. Then Jed went last night for some Mother's Day dinner shopping. They were out of everything that he needed and the lines we horrible, so he has joined me in my vow.
3 comments:
I love your blog, Erica! Kate is so cute, I can't stand it. I really miss you. I'm sorry I've been so out of touch. I can't believe how your cutie-pie kids are growing! Let's talk soon. Love you!
Oh my! It has been a busy week at your house. Is Kate walking yet? It sounds like she will be a quick learner. Owen is such a hard worker. I think it's so great that you have him buy his own toys and happy meals. Davis fell asleep while coloring, so cute!
Your kids are getting so old! It seems like yesterday that our oldest kids were babies:)
Post a Comment