Sunday, May 25, 2008

Slumber PARTY!!!!



I remember as a little girl my Dad always hated when we went to spend the night with a friend. What was the reason? Well, we would stay up WAY too late and then come home the next day tired, grumpy and totally useless. I hadn't thought about that in a long time because our kids are obviously too young to be having sleepovers, or are they?

Our friends Beth and Shae are getting ready to have their second baby and went to spend a night away, so we were lucky enough to have Aiden stay over night with us. We got such a kick out of watching/listening to Davis and his friend playing and laughing in their room until late into the night. I think we put them to bed at 8:00 and around 10:00 we were insisting that they needed to go to sleep (Owen had fallen asleep long before this time). At 11:00 p.m. they were STILL awake and I had to separate them and put them at different parts of the room. Well, the next morning we took two little zombies to the Boatnik parade.

After saying "good-bye" to Aiden and a LONG nap we got ready for yet another friend to come and spend the night. My long time friend, Alisen, and her son, Huxley, came through town on their way up north and once again the boys were thrilled to be playing with a friend late into the night. I was overjoyed to see my friend too, so I couldn't bring myself to go to bed any earlier either.

So today we are all tired, but Davis and Owen are all ready for Aiden and Huxley to come again!

2 comments:

Clarke and Kamie said...

yes! slumber parties were so fun as kids, but for some reason don't sound so fun as parents:)
and the pudding pic is adorable!

Anonymous said...

You are so brave to take on sleepovers two nights in a row. It looks like they had a great time!