Wednesday, June 18, 2008

BUSTED!


So today Shelby, Ellie and Weston stopped by for a little while. Shelby had helped me pick out some colors for our house, which was just painted, and had come to see how the black door turned out (love it!). Anyway, the kids were running around the family room and Ellie came over and said, "Miss Erica, I think Kate drew on your chair." I went over to see that someone had drawn all over the seat of a brown leather chair in our family room (a hand-me-down, so don't be too impressed or concerned). Immediately I asked who had drawn on the chair, although it was pretty obvious that Davis was the culprit. Owen confirmed my suspicion with a "Davis did it!", but before I could even scold Davis I saw something that told me that Owen was not totally innocent. In the top right corner was a small "B-Y-U". BUSTED OWEN! Owen loves to write "BYU" since it is "his football team." I looked at Shelby and we tried really hard not to laugh. She reminded me that this story was blog worthy, so I am jotting this down as the boys are in the other room scrubbing the chair with Daddy. Ay, Ay, Ay!

8 comments:

The PM said...

The only thing that could have been worse is Owen writing "Go Utes!"

Ezra

Beth and Shae said...

So funny. You will definitely have to make a blurb book out of all the funny things your kids do. Can't wait to see the black door too!

Clarke and Kamie said...

hahahaha! That is too funny that he wrote byu. My mom still teases me for writing "10" with a backwards cents sign on every thing I could find in the storage room.

Shelby said...

That was hilarious! I felt bad for Owen as he realized how busted he really was, but we all know how sweet and forgiving us moms are! Did you ever "talk" about it later?

nana said...

On my bed!!! It is so hard when you want to be the serious mom and teach an important lesson but you really just want to roll on the floor laughing.

Unknown said...

That's great! I love that knowing your letters and your favorite team so well can get someone caught!

Amy said...

How is it that shifting the blame is learned so early? I have a smiley face on my couch cushion that nobody drew. Where are the house painting pictures!!??

Bethany C. said...

So funny! I love this story. Glad you were able to laugh about the ink. Did it come off?