In this post I thought that I would mention a few funny and memorable things that I want preserved for future generations. I know that I should post more here and there instead of big chunks once a week, but here it is anyway…
Crunchy: Since Owen was two he has had an imaginary friend named “Crunchy”. I am still wondering where he got that name. Owen mostly talks to Crunchy on his Buzz Lightyear cell phone and will occasionally tell me things that are happening to his friend. We didn’t hear about our pal Crunch for months, but recently he has resurfaced. In the past few weeks I have learned that Crunchy has a brother named “Juicy” and another named “Pizza” (I am dying to see what this kid names his children since he named his baby “Car-car” when Jed and I didn’t use it for Davis and he was disappointed that we wouldn’t name Kate, “Flower”) and that he is on a mission for our church in San Diego (the same mission that Owen hopes to go to because it is near Disneyland and has the word “Diego” in it--he likes the show “Go Diego Go”). This kid has quite the imagination and I find it fascinating to see how his mind works. Oh, and while I am on this subject I should mention that, according to Owen, tomorrow is Car-car’s birthday, so Happy Birthday Car-car!
The Bread Store: My friend, Kayde, reminded me this week of this incident that happened a few weeks ago. Every few weeks I take my kids to a bread outlet in town. It is amazing how much bread and tortillas we go through, so I have deemed this outing very much worthy of my time and I am always so pleased with myself afterward for the money I have saved. Well on this particular day Kate was finally asleep in her car seat, which I had set on the cart in the front.
2 comments:
Loved those stories. I haven't had the shopping cart one happen yet, but when I do, I will re-read this post and feel better about myself.
You still crack me up so much. And your kids are just as funny. I miss you. I swear I'm calling you. For real. Oh yeah, you can check out my blog too. I finally broke down and started one, but I haven't gotten around to telling anyone. I was hoping to keep it hush-hush until I decided if I wanted the pressure. Still, some friends have found it, so pressure it is! Love you!
Post a Comment