I feel that I have been greatly blessed to be surrounded by good men in my life. I have incredible brothers, brother-in-laws, uncles, friends and most importantly an amazing father and husband.
My Dad: Some of the things that I most admire about my Dad are that he has never stopped working hard for his family (he has an amazing work ethic), through his trials he has remained dedicated to his faith and the Lord, Jesus Christ, he has a hilarious sense of humor and is great at impersonations, he has a mind that loves to learn. Daily I am reminded of experiences with my Dad. I had a headache the other day and remembered how my Dad would rub my face and temples when I had a headache as a child. I was scolding my kids for using bad manners just this morning and remembered how my Dad had once lectured us on and on for burping at the dinner table. Afterward we all sat there in silence, feeling reprimanded. The silence was only broken with a burp and a big laugh from my Dad (I am sure that he is going to love that I shared that story!). I used to love when he would carry me to bed after I had fallen asleep watching a movie or riding in the car (sometimes I would pretend to be asleep, just so that he would carry me to bed). My Dad was and is always willing to fulfill my Saturday morning donut cravings. For these and a million other reasons I love you Dad! Happy Father's Day!
My Jed: Could there be a better husband and father for my children? From the beginning Jed has inspired me to want to be a better person. I admire Jed for his easy going/down-to-earth nature, curious mind, love of the Lord and his family, desire to constantly improve and ability to calm me when I am worried about something. I admire him for his ability to hold his tongue and keep other's names safe. I am thankful for his sense of humor, even when it is teaching our kids to say, “Mom, you look hot!” As a father I am grateful for the time that he spends teaching our children about life and the world around them. It is not often that you find a Dad who is so willing to read parenting books and be involved with the day to day rearing of his children. I am grateful that he will schedule himself out of the office to attend basketball “games”, swim lessons or other things that are important to me and the kids. Just last month Jed and I celebrated our 8th anniversary. It is crazy to think that I have been with Jed for a third of my life! Amazing. I also think that it unbelievable how safe and secure I feel because of him in my life.
Owen says that he loves that with his Dad, "I get to shoot pellets, bbs and paintballs".
Happy Father's Day Jed! I love you!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
A tribute to the two most important Dads in my life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love those pics and tributes to your dad and Jed. Your dad sounds like a fun guy! And from personal observation, I know Jed is a great daddy and husband. Daddy's are the best! We are sad we missed your celebration and wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERICA!! Jeff says, "Happy Birthday, Cuz!"
Your dad and Jed both are awesome. Jed reads parenting books?!? Now, that really is amazing. Please tell him how impressed I am, and tell him that I miss him too. I hope you had a happy birthday! You are the greatest person and friend anyone could ask to know, and it was worth working at Dr. Hurley's just to meet you (no offense to Dr. Hurley, of course...you know). I love you!
Post a Comment