Okay, so I have to back-track a little bit here. It has now been a week and a half that we have been home. From where you may ask? Well, in
Day 1: We began our journey. We decided to do something out of the ordinary for our little family and we took our time getting to our destination, stopping at a lake on the way down for lots of rock throwing, wading in the water and a picnic. That night we spent the night, a little past the half-way point, at a hotel. The kids has a ball in the pool and Jed and I counted our blessings that they are all such good little travelers (or in other words Kate is a good little traveler, totally entertained by food and toys, and the boys are zombies when a DVD player is placed in front of them)!
Day 2: We arrived at my sister, Amy’s, house and were greeted by all of the cousins. We all (minus my mom and dad) stayed at Amy and Rob’s and they were so gracious to put up with the chaos...we even slept in the master bedroom while they slept in a tent! You guys are so generous! That night we had a yummy family dinner and Dessert at Yogurtland.
Day 3: The Guys went to ride go-carts and play at the batting cages while the kids and gals went to
Days 4 and 5 were spent at the
Day 6: Girls Day Out! I love my sisters, mom and niece, Emma, and I got such a kick out of being with them all as we got Manicures and Pedicures and then went for Smoothies. Meanwhile the guys and kids played the Wii—Owen is a huge fan…oh, and I did beat Jed at tennis later, thank you very much. Also, this night Uncle Rob got some tickets for a show called "Walking with Dinosaurs". Rob, Jed, Papa (my dad), Matt, Emma, Hunter and Owen were all able to go. The report was that this show was unlike anything any of them had ever seen and I'll tell you, Owen says it is his favorite thing from the week. Better than Disneyland?!?
Day 7: Our last day, so we went out with a bang. My Dad took some pics of our little family in the morning and then we all hit the beach! Jed says the beach was one of his favorite things of the week. I think that the adults enjoyed it as much as the kids.
What fun! Thank you all for a great week, for helping out with and loving our kids and for being our family. Jed and I feel very blessed that we genuinely enjoy being around our family on both sides!
6 comments:
Too bad we couldn't have coordinated our Disneyland trips.
It looks like you all had a GREAT time! I think Disneyland would be my favorite too, and girls day out, and the beach..... It's great to be with family and just enjoy being together.
Pam
Wow! This looks like a memorable and very fun week. I am so glad you could enjoy your family.
It was such a great week. I loved just having time to sip smoothies and talk with no interruptions. Amy did a great job of outlining the week and Rob and Amy were so great to share their home and all our confusion. I love watching my kids, all 8 of them, just loving and sharing with each other and I really love the way all the cousins love each other. Next year I'm going to be able to walk!
When are you coming back?! It was so much fun having you here to play. We miss all of the cousins. Next time, Legoland or Sea World!
WOW! I guess I need to get some family down in SO CAL. We just went to Oakdale for the Labor Day break. You and your family look so good!
Post a Comment