Sunday, October 12, 2008

Catching up through pictures...

This week's Sunday post is all about pictures (you gotta love the one above of Kate eating a snack today after church...lately I am all about the fun tights!), but before I do that I thought I would note a couple of things:

Davis has a new joke: What is a boy's favorite lunch? Answer: Popcorn! I don't know why that is funny, but, just ask him, it is HILARIOUS!!!

Owen and Davis have been concocting tricks for Jed all week...salt in his ice water, a plastic spider in a piece of ice, etc. Owen was upset with me because I wouldn't put the riding lawn mower on the roof of the house. I told him that it was too heavy for me to which he replied with pleading eyes, "Please just try Mom." I wonder where they get this from. :) And now for the pictures...

Kate + A big pink bowl= loads of entertainment, fun and giggles!






A morning with three FIREMEN!
Owen's school had a visit from the local fire department last week. What a thrill to see all of the firemen in their gear, to hear how the oxygen masks sound when they are on, etc. Owen was captivated.

The kids were amazed every time the firemen opened a new compartment on the truck, "WOW!", they would all say in unison. I loved being there to experience the magic of the day with them.
One thing I love about our little town is that the kids have so many opportunities to sit in fire trucks and do things that I know aren't easily available everywhere. This is probably Owen's fourth time in a fire truck, but he still finds it "AWESOME".
I had a friend watch Kate (thank you Erika!) so that Davis could come too. He was too bashful to climb into the truck or do much of anything, but loved being there with the big kids and the big TRUCK!

4 comments:

Kookie said...

See, we knew Kate could smile. Cory just never saw her with a bowl! Love the pictures.

Carmen said...

I'm totally doing the bowl thing first thing tomorrow with Luther--you're a genious

the Bachlers said...

I love it when the kids pull out the pans and plastic bowls and then totally entertain themselves. What a hoot!

Amy said...

I love the dress with the striped tights on Kate. So fun!