Last week Owen was playing at his friend, Eli's, house. When we left he said, "Mom can we go home right now and take the training wheels off my bike? Eli is four and I am five and he can ride without his training wheels." Talk about peer pressure, eh? I hadn't really even thought about taking his training wheels off. Well, he kept insisting, aka nagging, so we went home and took the wheels off right away. I was amazed. I ran along side him and let go and off he rode. Of course he crashed soon after that, but got up and went again and again and again. That night when Jed came home he was so proud to show off his new trick. Jed spent a lot of time with him giving him pointers and now he rides everywhere. I think it is funny, but when he has me start him he says, "Mom you have to say, 'peddle like crazy!', that's what Daddy always says." Such a big kid.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
One more milestone...
Last week Owen was playing at his friend, Eli's, house. When we left he said, "Mom can we go home right now and take the training wheels off my bike? Eli is four and I am five and he can ride without his training wheels." Talk about peer pressure, eh? I hadn't really even thought about taking his training wheels off. Well, he kept insisting, aka nagging, so we went home and took the wheels off right away. I was amazed. I ran along side him and let go and off he rode. Of course he crashed soon after that, but got up and went again and again and again. That night when Jed came home he was so proud to show off his new trick. Jed spent a lot of time with him giving him pointers and now he rides everywhere. I think it is funny, but when he has me start him he says, "Mom you have to say, 'peddle like crazy!', that's what Daddy always says." Such a big kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is awesome. Owen is too cute and I love how kids can stick with something so important to them. How exciting for him to ride all by himself! loves, Joy
Way to go, Owen!! Hopefully this will inspire our 5 yr old.
I am totally impressed! Great job Owen. I guess that motto We can do hard things, is sinking in.
Post a Comment