Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pandemonium at the Pumpkin Patch







Okay, so I am not sure that "Pandemonium" is really the right word, but in looking for a title for my post, it seemed to fit the bill to a degree and went well with "Pumpkin Patch". My English teachers would be so pleased that I am trying to use alliteration in my blogging...

So as any good photo happy mother would be, I was so excited when the day came for Owen's preschool field trip to the pumpkin patch. The kids were all dressed in Fall colors that would look good next to the bright orange pumpkins. The perfect bow was selected for Kate's hair. The camera batteries were charged. I was READY. I had committed to driving one other boy from the class with us that morning, so we loaded up the three boys and Kate and headed down the road. By the time we got there it was evident that something was off with Davis. He is generally pretty easy going, but he battled with me to put on his jacket and expressed 200 pleas to "hold me". I quick touch of the forehead and I knew that he had a fever and was not going to be pleasant. Poor boy. So I gave him some Motrin and we decided to make the best of the morning. Then it came time to get on the hay ride. Normally this would have been the highlight of the week, but this boy whaled as if I were making him ride on the Screaming Banchi from the Movie "Mater and the Ghostlight". Lucky for me one of Owen's teachers took Kate and Owen was content to hang with his friends and act like he didn't know that screaming boy or the crazy lady holding him. Eventually, the Motrin kicked in and Davis got a snack and was feeling much better--even on the verge of happy. In the end, however, all my dreams of the perfect picture of my three kids together in the pumpkin patch, were disinigrated. Oh well, above you can see my feeble attempt at perfection...don't let Davis' cheesy smile fool you...

1 comment:

Amy said...

That looks like an awesome pumpkin patch. Poor Davis, the timing on that fever really stinks.