Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend

As I mentioned in the last post, my mom and dad came up for the holiday weekend and brought our friend Miss Cara with them. We had such a great time...Picking cherries in the backyard and making jam with Nana...Birthday gifts for the girls...matching outfits...Reading outside on a Sunday afternoon (the kids followed Cara around all weekend--she was GREAT with them)...
Flags and stories about my Grandpa who served in the military from Papa...A hike to one of our favorite spots...Playing croquet with Miss Cara...Eating homemade ice cream while waiting for the sun to go down...A fireworks show put on by this classy looking guy (we all agreed he looked like the guy on "Honey I Shrunk the Kids"...what a good sport to pose for me)....

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Fun weekend! Way to go, Jed! Always creative but does it safely!

Jodi said...

I miss Mr. Pyro's little automatic flame! Good times. Looks like you all had a great 4th of July! I didn't realize you guys had a cherry tree! You got a ton of fruit! The kids are all so cute and growing so much.!

Amy s said...

Those cherries look delicious! And you got a new couch? No more plaid!? I'd love to hear how you like it.