
Kate has spent at least the last 6 months planning her fourth birthday party...
A Fancy Nancy Soiree! She made the guest list, planned the activities, helped prepare decorations, picked out the guest's accessories (the invitation told the girls to wear something fancy and we would provide the accessories) and then she continued to dream about her special day. I have to admit it was all pretty magical. I had a hard time containing myself as these tiny little girls arrived at our house in tu-tus, princess dresses, twirly skirts and clicky shoes...too much fun!

One thing that I love about the Fancy Nancy series of books is that Nancy is actually a nice girl. She is not sassy like so many of the characters in other book series that target little girls. She is just a little girl who likes to use big words and appreciates things that are "fancy". Anyway, back to the party...

As our guests arrived, we got started with Fancy Nancy picture coloring.

Then we moved on to a skit about being fancy by Owen and Davis (the little girls really didn't get it, but Kate thought that it was great that her brothers wanted to plan something "just for her").

Next we read the original
Fancy Nancy book and added some accessories to our ensembles. Adorable, if I do say so myself....

From there we made bracelets and got ready for the cake...

As a surprise for Kate, our friends Miss Carol and Miss Loretta made these fancy creations. Her first reaction was priceless, "Oh, I LOVE them!" They were quite the hit.




She opened presents and felt thoroughly excited and loved. Thank you to all who made her day "better than
she thought it would be"!
So, happy birthday to our spunky, determined, fancy little four year old! We love you!

A few of Kate's favorite things....
Colors: Pink, Purple and Green
Thing to Do: Play with her new Barbie
Food: Pizza and Hamburgers
Flower: Daisies (she thought of this question by herself)
What she wants to be when she grows up: Mommy/Ballerina/Princess/Fairy/Mermaid
Place to go: Wendy's with Daddy (that's where she always chooses to go on their "dates")
Book: Obviously,
Fancy Nancy
3 comments:
Could she possibly be any cuter? Such a sweet, beautiful girl with those beautiful blue eyes. Glad it was a "happy" birthday for her! We love you, Kate!
That party looks like it totally rocked! What a dream party for a beautiful little four year old! I love the glasses and boas! Also, how fun were those cakes that Loretta and Carol made! I had a friend's mom make ME one when I was young and I thought that cake was the coolest thing ever! I think I kept it until it dried to a hard, cracked dress! I will definitely have to ask my granddaughters if they're familiar with "Fancy Nancy"! She sounds great! :)
Those boas and shades are fab! So adorable, great job!
Post a Comment