Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mother of the Year

Things that make me feel like I am succeeding as a mother....
  • Taking the kids to the library and watching as they run around so excited to get new books!
  • We have a variety of Science experiments going on the kitchen counter.
  • The days when the kids don't even ask to watch TV (although I will admit these days are more rare than common)
  • When I ask Gracie to do something instead of saying "okay" she says, "Oh, thank you"...so polite.
Now for the sake of "keepin' it real"....Things that help me remember that I am not about to be named "Mother of the Year" any time soon...
  • Last week I returned half of Owen's library books to the library...the wrong half...oops! He was actually a really good sport about it and forgave me pretty quickly, but seriously, who can keep ups with what he is reading!?!
  • I am ashamed to say it but my boys got terrible sun burns...ugh, as a cancer paranoid mother, I felt sick about this one...oh, the guilt of a mother.
  • Owen made a creation for the local toy stores LEGO building contest and I missed the deadline for turning it in by a day. Again, poor Owen forgave me pretty quickly...more guilt for me....
  • Gracie's tantrum on the floor at Staples...words cannot describe it, but I am sure you have seen something similar yourself...try not to judge the mother, she's probably doing her best.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I love the fact that you are able to "keep it real" AND also the fact that you are pretty incredible mother! :) I'd vote for you as MOTY (Mother of the year)!

Amy s said...

I can't believe how much you are doing now. Once again I got way behind on your blog. My kids envy your summer. They are bored with house hunting. However they are getting a lot more tv and computer time than I normally allow, so they don't complain much. Can't wait to see you guys again. FaceTime my cell number some time!!

Carmen said...

thanks you for keeping it real--as i write this my boys are playing ds, so i can have a moments peace.