Thursday, January 17, 2008

"Basketball is my FAVORITE Sport!"


For months and months now Owen has been talking about playing basketball. I was hesitant to sign him up for the month long program, through the local YMCA, because he was so reluctant to get in there and play when we tried soccer and then football in the Fall (To explain a little further, he was not at all timid until at the 2nd week of soccer he got plowed into and got a bloody nose. Of course every mom near the field came running to his rescue...a little embarrassing for this boy.). To make a long story short we took a break from the sports program, but he kept asking when he could play basketball. "Basketball is my FAVORITE sport," he would say. Well, last week basketball started and I waited until the last day to sign him up, just to make sure that he was really going to participate. He did great for the first ten minutes and then he started to get nervous or something and before I knew it, I was running up and down the court with him and the rest of the "team" (ie. the swarm of 3-4 year olds going after the ball). I am just glad that they didn't make me pay to play too!

Also, check out Owen's shorts. They are hand-me-downs from Hunter and are still several sizes too big, but of course he insisted on wearing them. We love hand-me-downs from our cousins!!!
Now when I get something new for Owen he asks, "Was this Matt's, Hunter's or Spencer's?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen, you look awesome in your basketball uniform. I'm so excited you are getting to play. Uncle Chris will be so jealous. He loves basketball. Have lots of fun and practice so you can show us all you learn when we see you again.

Amy said...

what cute kiddies you have Erica! I would have loved to have seen you run up and down the court! How fun!!! What a good mommy!

Anonymous said...

Very cute basketball boy! I think it's great that you have signed him up, it will be a fun memory for him. We did the same thing with Emma when she was that age and playing soccer. We'd pace the sidelines and point to the ball and yell, "go kick the ball!"

Anonymous said...

Right on Owen! Can't wait to see you slam dunk that ball!

Just remember, swimming is the best!

Ghislaine Richards said...

Hi Erica-I saw your blog link from Shelby's page. How are you? Cute pictures! We just started a blog it is
richardsfam-ghislaine.blogspot.com we sure miss you guys. Kate is getting so big!! You guys got a lot of snow! I LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOUR BACK YARD.