I just had to write a quick post today to share our big news here. Davis went poop on the potty today! I know that some of you may not want to read about such things, but hey, we are celebrating here. He has gone on the potty twice before, but never #2. :) This is a big step. I am actually not really pushing the potty training thing yet, but we talk about it a lot and if he sits on the potty at all we let him have a piece of gum. Today he said he had to go (this is not uncommon--he loves to chew gun), so we ran to the bathroom and what do you know, he actually went. It was cute, he came out to the family room and told his sister, "I did a hard thing Kate!"
Also, as long as we are on the subject of the potty...we are trying to teach Owen and Davis that it is not nice to call other people names. One of the names of choice these days is "poopy". Of course this only comes out when they are mad, "Davis you are a poopy", "Owen you are poop", you get the idea. Naturally, we have labeled these potty words that can now only be said in the bathroom, so when Davis is sitting on the potty he will say, "poop, poop, poop, poop". Then he smiles at me and says, "I can say that in the potty". I don't let him know, but it cracks me up! I think that he feels like he is rebelling. This is one funny kid!
3 comments:
I Love that Boy!
good work, Davis!!! I am not looking forward to potty training again! It's been a while...
He's so clever. So gum huh? I haven't tried that yet. Maybe Davis should give Hannah a call next time. I think I am determined, I've almost made up my mind to have a diaper free day next week...
Post a Comment