Lately I have been beginning to understand a little better why so many moms experience "Mommy Burnout". I actually have been quite impressed with myself with how easy the transition from two children to three has been...that is until Kate started walking and destroying everything in her path! That being said, yesterday I took the opportunity to take the afternoon and evening off and spend it shopping and eating with two of my friends. We had a great time and it was so rejuvenating for my soul. I love how it feels to come home to my little ones after being away from them. We all seem to appreciate each other a little more. I am not sure, however, that Kate missed me at all. It seems that she had a grand time without me. The way that I understand what happened was as follows: Jed was exhausted after not sleeping well the night before, working all day, picking the kids up, making dinner, cleaning up dinner, cleaning up kids, etc. (are we feeling sorry for Jed yet?), so he decided that he would take a rest for 10 minutes (he swears it was no longer than that) while the kids played. Well, after dinner apparently he had let Owen and Davis chose a treat for their dessert and someone had left a box of chocolates (all individually wrapped in foil) where Kate could reach them. Jed said that he vaguely remembered hearing something about Kate and chocolate, but he was so tired that he didn't really care. So let's explore what a one year old can do with multiple chocolate candies in 10 minutes....try to open chocolate, stick the whole thing in her mouth, eventually spit out a mound of chocolate and tin foil on the wood floor in the kitchen...put more chocolates in her mouth...put chocolaty hands all over the boys "art cart"...more chocolate goes in the mouth, I assume...go climb up on the couch and in the process wipe chocolate everywhere, drool all over darling new outfit...feel bored in the family room, so goes to see what is new and interesting on Davis' bed, thus smearing chocolate all over big brother's bed and pillow...oh, what a mess!!!! Jed says he has never seen Kate so happy! That is my girl, she loves her chocolate. Now who is going to clean up the mess!?!? You gotta love an evening with Daddy!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Daddy's Night In
Lately I have been beginning to understand a little better why so many moms experience "Mommy Burnout". I actually have been quite impressed with myself with how easy the transition from two children to three has been...that is until Kate started walking and destroying everything in her path! That being said, yesterday I took the opportunity to take the afternoon and evening off and spend it shopping and eating with two of my friends. We had a great time and it was so rejuvenating for my soul. I love how it feels to come home to my little ones after being away from them. We all seem to appreciate each other a little more. I am not sure, however, that Kate missed me at all. It seems that she had a grand time without me. The way that I understand what happened was as follows: Jed was exhausted after not sleeping well the night before, working all day, picking the kids up, making dinner, cleaning up dinner, cleaning up kids, etc. (are we feeling sorry for Jed yet?), so he decided that he would take a rest for 10 minutes (he swears it was no longer than that) while the kids played. Well, after dinner apparently he had let Owen and Davis chose a treat for their dessert and someone had left a box of chocolates (all individually wrapped in foil) where Kate could reach them. Jed said that he vaguely remembered hearing something about Kate and chocolate, but he was so tired that he didn't really care. So let's explore what a one year old can do with multiple chocolate candies in 10 minutes....try to open chocolate, stick the whole thing in her mouth, eventually spit out a mound of chocolate and tin foil on the wood floor in the kitchen...put more chocolates in her mouth...put chocolaty hands all over the boys "art cart"...more chocolate goes in the mouth, I assume...go climb up on the couch and in the process wipe chocolate everywhere, drool all over darling new outfit...feel bored in the family room, so goes to see what is new and interesting on Davis' bed, thus smearing chocolate all over big brother's bed and pillow...oh, what a mess!!!! Jed says he has never seen Kate so happy! That is my girl, she loves her chocolate. Now who is going to clean up the mess!?!? You gotta love an evening with Daddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Priceless!!!!!! She is so cute!
I was waiting until Erica's first birthday to let her try chocolate, in case she is an addict like me. however, this post makes me want to wait until she is 5.
Post a Comment