A few months ago Jed and I decided to get serious about getting our family prepared for emergencies and stocking our pantry full of the foods that we eat. I know that growing up there were several times that our family did not have money to buy food, so we lived off of what was in the cupboards. I want to be prepared should our family ever have that same challenge. Of course I used my mom as a resource as I was buying things. She is after all, an expert in this field. :) I have to say in ALL HONESTY that even if she wasn't my mom, I would recommend her ideas to you, as they have helped me to have a different perspective on food storage. Many of you read her blog (blog.totallyready.com), so you may know that she has recently completed a book that you can download there. It is full of great ideas AND the thing that has helped me get organized more than anything else. She has included and inventory list (370 items from all of the food groups--not just beans and wheat--and non-food items as well) that will calculate for you how much more of each item you need to meet your goal and a calculator that allows you to determine the amount of food storage you need for your family based on the number of children and adults. It also allows you to specify the number of months you are preparing for. Again, I really wouldn't promote this unless it was something that I really found useful myself.Check it out and let me know what you think:
totallyready.com
2 comments:
We will definitely be checking this out. Thanks for the tip. I noticed that Sugardoodle is featuring this on her random pages again, only this time it was submitted by Erice. See ya next week.
We are totally getting on board with this too. I will have to check out your mom's website again to start getting organized.
Post a Comment