The Quiet Game: I am sure that our family was not the only family who played "the quiet game", while I was growing up. Of course I maybe would have argued at the time that my parents had "invented" it. I am sure you are familiar with this one...Mom and Dad are going crazy with the noise in the car on a long trip or something and one of them says, "Hey, let's play the Quiet Game!", as if this is the most FUN game in the world. Then everyone is quiet and just waiting for someone else to giggle or give in and say something. We always loved when my parents would "try" to get us to talk by saying things like, "Anyone who wants to stop for ice cream, say so now!". Now that I have kids who are old enough, this is a family favorite in our car/home too. Owen just loves this game and Davis has become quite good at it himself. So when do you think they will figure out that Jed and I love "The Quiet Game" even more than they do?
Quiet Time: I am sorry to report that Davis very rarely takes a nap anymore and has joined Owen in having mandatory "quiet time" only. Of course I should be more strict than I am and they often open the door and ask the ironic question, "Can we wake up yet?" Every once in a while I will go in and find that Davis has fallen asleep while playing. I love this picture posted above with both Owen and Davis are in Halloween costumes that are way too small and Davis is zonked out. Love it.
3 comments:
I love the quiet game! I remember the biggest temptation for you was not saying "mommy you talked". I remember dad speaking in a funny voice and lots of giggles. You actually all got really good which meant we had to reward everyone but Oh.. it was so worth it!
I will have to try this game because surprisingly it is not one of family favorites...yet. Lots of love, Joy
My kids never last with this game. They crack up after 30 seconds. I remember playing it on car trips way back when too... And carving things out of carrots with my teeth. Oh, before the days of DVDs in cars.
Post a Comment