Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's all about Dada!


I think that I can officially report that Kate's first word is "Dada" and that she is now using it properly. She babbles all day long now, but once Jed is home it is all about calling after him..."Dada....Dada?...Dada, Dada, Dada!" I laugh every time. She comes across as being so demanding already, so we are trying to teach her a few signs to help her communicate and hopefully eliminate a few of her frustrations. So far she has mastered "more", which she also uses for "eat" and "drink". Today we are working on "please" which I hope she will use when she wants anything else. That would be a huge improvement on the current grunting, "uh, uh, uh, uh!!!!"

I also thought this picture was cute...Owen is the photographer!

2 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

We have that same dress. You'll probably be seeing it on our blog in a few months. Kate has beautiful eyes. It's good to hear that our Erica is not the only one who tries to communicate through grunting and pounding the table.

Amy said...

Great picture Owen! I love hearing about all of the cuties. Keep the stories coming.