Tuesday, June 9, 2009

China and Hi Kitty

Two quick stories...

Today Davis' nose was pretty raw around his nostrils (um, yea we are going on 4 weeks of colds/coughs, on and off fevers etc....ugh!), so I put some aquafor around the edges of his nose and he threw a fit. Then he told me if I ever do that again he "is going to run away". I just had to document that today was the first time one of my babies threatened to run away...I know it will not be the last. I asked him where he would go and he said, "probably China". Ha!

After we got home from Jed's soccer game tonight Kate told me, "my foot hurt". I washed off her feet and looked for a sore or something, but couldn't see anything. Then she changed the subject or so I thought. She suddenly started to say, "hi kitty...hi kitty". I thought, "Okay, she wants to go say 'hi' to a kitty." Our neighbors have a kitty...she has a stuffed kitty...nope neither of those was the answer she was looking for...."You want to read a book about kitties?"...no, not it either. Then she grabbed my hand and started to pull me into the hall. Then I understood she wanted a "Hello Kitty" band aid for her "owie". After she had gone through so much to explain to me what she wanted, I relented and opened a band aid. I went to put it on her foot and she stuck out her arm..."Here," she smiled. Too cute. So now she sleeps with "Hi Kitty" on her arm and she is happy as a lark. Funny, funny.

1 comment:

Clarke and Kamie said...

kids are awesome (most of the time:)

Looks like you guys had fun in Utah. Sometime when you have more time we should bbq or something!