I just got off the phone with my Dad and have been thinking about how lucky I am to have such a great father myself and now such a great father for my children.
As I am entering the final days/weeks of my pregnancy there are so many emotions running through me...I am excited for this little life to come into our home, terrified that I won't be able to handle four little ones very well, apprehensive that our baby or I may have complications that we aren't prepared to deal with, sore from carrying around this extra _ _ pounds, and on and on. So, yesterday Jed was manning the fort and the natives, while I went out and ran some errands. On the way home I was thinking about Father's Day and how lucky I am. I had a thought that I don't think I have ever written down before. One thing that I love about Jed is that I have NEVER felt that he isn't totally proud to say that he is with me. It doesn't matter how crazy I am or how big I am or how sloppy I look (what can I say...if it is not comfortable, I am not wearing it these days) he is always totally accepting and loving toward me. Now the poor guy has to watch me in labor soon. Honestly I feel bad for him (I feel worse for me of course!). It must be hard to be so helpless. I am pretty sure he is going to have a legal document in the delivery room for me to sign stating that this IS our last baby.
So, there you have it...the random thoughts of me at almost 38 weeks...dilated to a one and 50% effaced...we'll keep you posted!
2 comments:
A 1, and 50% is good! And you're right you are lucky, almost as lucky as me ;)
oh I am so excited for you! (and excited to hear how life is with FOUR!!!) And I can't wait to see this baby. So fun (well, except the labor part:) But you get so uncomfortable in the end that you look forward to delivering:)
I have felt the same way about Clarke...I hear him talking about "my wife and I" all the time. I think he likes that I am his! It's a nice feeling, huh?
Post a Comment