Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cinderella and Prince Charming


About ten days ago now I took the kids to the county library.  We go quite frequently in the summer time, but during the school year we only make it once or twice a month.  When we do go, however, we load-up on the books. 

Owen always comes out with a stack of "Hardy Boys" books (thank you Franklin W. Dixon for writing a gazillion books!) and a couple other random books that have caught his eye. Above is a very typical picture of Owen.  On any given day you will find him like this....don't even think about trying to talk to him when he is in this state.

Davis would love to be reading "Hardy Boys" as well, but is appeased with a couple of "Magic Tree House" and "Geronimo Stilton" books.  He cannot really read them on his own, but his reading is coming along.  His biggest obstacle is that he is impatient and wants to read like Owen NOW.  I laugh sometimes because of the guesses that he makes.

"Fancy Nancy" remains at the top of Kate's list as well as "Angelina Ballerina" and any book she can find with pink on the cover. 

Finally, Gracie is obsessed with anything Disney Princess.  Those are always the books that she seeks out.  This time she found the beloved "Cinderella" book and has been in heaven ever since.  I actually noticed that she even brought it with her in her church bag today.  The other day I was reading it to her and she got to a page where Prince Charming is kissing Cinderella's hand.  She pointed to it and said, "Look Mommy, she has an owie!"  Cracked me up!  I love those moments when I get to see things through the eyes of my children. 

1 comment:

Shelby said...

cute. i'll say it again, we have owen and ellie's first date all planned out--barnes and noble. both would be thrilled! : ) I need to go to the library with you so you can show me the ropes!!