Monday, January 2, 2012

I crack myself up...but apparently so do other people...

For the past several years we have been invited to a Christmas party hosted by some friends of ours.  As part of the party we are asked to bring a white elephant gift.  I have fun trying to think of something clever to bring each year.  At last years party I was listening to our host gripe about the goldfish that their kids had won at the Halloween Carnival at our church....BAM--That sealed the deal in 2011 we would bring a goldfish to the party as our white elephant gift.  Everyone would hate us, but it would be hilarious.  It was genius! Well, all year long I giggled when I pictured one of our friends opening the gift with a look of horror on their face....NO, not a goldfish!!!!  The day of the party I took the girls to buy this cute little creature and then placed him in a canning jar.  I made the canning jar visible from the top of the bag with the hope that someone would see it and think it was a jar of my peaches or pears.  You cannot image the shock on my face when two gifts prior to our gift being opened, somebody else opened not one, but TWO GOLDFISH!  Seriously?!?!??!  I laughed so hard.  Another friend had gotten the idea on-line!  Man I hate the internet sometimes.  There goes my "creative" idea....Oh, well.  At least we all got a good laugh out of it. 

No comments: