Thursday, June 10, 2010

Note to Self:

Note to Self: When you are older and your kids are grown and you suffer from "Parenting Amnesia" (ie. you have forgotten the hard part of having little ones and only remember how sweet, funny and well behaved they are) you may from time to time see a Mom at the store with several small children. PLEASE avoid using the phrase, "Wow, you really have your hands full!" or anything like unto it. Chances are she and her children have probably already heard this at least four times that day and although she will know that you mean well and will appreciate all that you say about how cute the kids are she may be sick of hearing that particular phrase. :)

2 comments:

Clarke and Kamie said...

so true. I was just on a flight and got soooo much unwanted advice and tips. Everyone has an opinion. I just smiled and agreed but wanted to tell them off:)

Auntie Amy said...

AMEN! I just had this happen the other day. Lady at pharmacy:"Your kids are beautiful. I bet they're a lot of work though." Me: "No, they're usually pretty fun."

I've decided to use this reaction when I remember so my kids won't have memories of me agreeing how hard they are to deal with.