Sunday, June 20, 2010

School's Out for SUMMER!!!!!

It's official...Owen is officially a first grader! I was at the school with him on his last day of class and on his field day. I have to admit, I almost burst into tears that last day of class when the kids were singing, "Good-bye now, Good-bye now the clock says we're done. I'll see you in first grade, good-bye everyone!...Who's terrific? I'm TERRIFIC!" I felt like I was watching all these little ones saying "good-bye" to part of their innocence. Totally irrational, I know. I just loved how easy going and loving his teacher, Mrs Brown, and the teacher's aid, Grandma Caroline were. I would best describe Mrs. Brown as quietly brilliant. The way she fostered Owen's strengths and developed his weaknesses was amazing. A huge part of me wishes that I could freeze him in kindergarten forever. The other part of me is so excited for him to move on and learn more and more new things. Reading has opened up a whole new exciting world and I look forward to seeing what lies around the next corner. For now...Let's hear it for SUMMER!!!!

An hour before we were hosting a BBQ at our house last Saturday the kids decided they just HAD to take a few minutes to run through the sprinklers. Because of the angle of the sun, my photos are not great, but I loved watching them squeal as they ran.

No comments: