
For a few months Jed and I were talking (okay, I was doing most of the talking) about getting/building some sort of fort or play structure for the kids. Our boys are still crazy about the Magic Tree House book series and have been bugging Jed to help them build a tree house for over a year. Unfortunately we don't have any good tree house trees. Thus, the search for option 2 began. We really wanted the kids to be able to be involved in the design of it and to use their imaginations in creating something that would foster hours and hours of play. Then one day our friend Kevin found this swing set at a yard sale. It was in terrible need of a power washing and some new stain, but otherwise it was seemed great. We decided to go for it. We figure that we can always add on to it, close the bottom off, etc. based on the kids ideas.

Here's Super Dad hard at work making things more secure.

Kate LOVES the slide and threw a HUGE fit when it was time to go in for bed. Finally she calmed down when I reassured her that the slide would still be there in the morning. The next day the first thing out of her mouth was, "Is it still here?" So sweet.

Even Gracie was wanting to help with "The Magic Tree House".

Owen was so excited...he talked the entire time we were working on setting it up...yak, yak, yak...wonder where he gets that from?

Like Father, Like Son.


We thought that the old dowel later rungs were a little tricky for the littler kids, so Jed added these more sturdy steps.

After a fresh coat of stain (sorry I don't have a better picture to show off the stain and I am too lazy to go out and take one) we are ready for those hours and hours of Summer Fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment