Today I was watching "The Nate Berkus Show" while I was exercising and his guest was talking about running a business out of your home. The gal that he was helping had two children and a TON of outside responsibilities...PTA, library board, volunteered at the schools, etc. Anyway, he said to her that she needs to drop most of the things that she is doing and remember that when she says "yes" to these outside responsibilities she is saying "no" to time with family, time for her business, etc. This may not seem profound to you, but it struck a chord with me...when you say "yes" to one thing you are saying "no" to another....love it...this is going to help me.
2 comments:
This is why I said "no" to neighbor gifts this year! They always stress me out and I take way too much time planning, making and delivering them. This year a card will have to do.
But I totally agree. Right now when my family is young the most important thing I can do is spend time with and nuture them. When I take on too many outside responsiblities it only makes me way to busy and rushing to do everything, which makes the whole family miserable. I believe that "for everything there is a season" and the season for outside responsiblities is not while my family is young! KWIM?!
Elder Uchtdorf's talk in GC about simplifying was a good one too!
That's good to remember!
Post a Comment