Thursday, December 2, 2010

This one's for you Beth...

Today I woke up excited. Owen didn't have school, so I planned to take the kids shopping for some other kids all about their same ages. I could hardly wait to teach the kids about giving and the true Christmas Spirit. Oh, such an idealist. They had fun shopping for the other kids and for about 120 seconds they were focused and determined to pick out something good. Truthfully, I think Kate lasted a little longer. Then they were busy formulating what they would add to their own list for Santa. They did learn something in that 120 seconds, right?

Now for the part of this post dedicated to my dear friend Beth. Beth and I talk a lot about the fact that we wish everyone would be real with each other, so that we don't compare ourselves to a false image of how other people's lives are. So, without further ado...this is pretty much what Gracie did from the time we left the toy department until we got 2 miles from home and she fell asleep. Does is get any more real than this?
Oh Yea, I was the mom in the store that everyone was looking at today...gotta love it.

3 comments:

Beth and Shae said...

I love it. Way to be real!!!

[BrookeO] said...

It could have been worse......Wal-Mart!!! HA!

I love it! :)

Auntie Amy said...

Did any older ladies smile and tell you to enjoy this phase? Totally been there. Did you have a squeaky cart too? That would have made it perfect!